- Try to post as often as possible, whether that be daily or weekly. You should try to post at least twice per week. I often fall short of this if my day job gets in the way but when starting off, try to post as regularly as you can!
- Focus on topics that you love and that represents you. If you're a fashion/beauty blogger, post about your style or style that mirrors what you're comfortable with.
- Never collaborate with brands that don't represent your style or you. Your readers will get to know your taste and you're credibility has to be your number one priority.
- State when you have received a sample from a brand or are receiving remuneration for a post.
- Keep it simple - your blog posts should be informal and not too wordy
- If you are posting personal style photographs, always focus on your lighting. Stay away from the shadows and if possible, use a good camera. I use a Nikon D3200 with a 1.8 lens. Its the lens that blurs the backgrounds.
- Take advantage of social media - post your blog posts to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google + ... just to name a few!
- Take advantage of fashion forums such as Chictopia, Lookbook, Pose, What I Wore Today etc - you can post your outfit photographs and catch people who aren't aware of your blog
- Practice makes perfect
- Be yourself!
For those of you interested in gaining some more tips and tricks on blogging, I am giving away the ultimate blogger tips package to one lucky reader. The package consists of the top 4 blogging books on Amazon - Get Rich Blogging; Blogging Your Way to the Front Row; Blog Inc and Blogging for Creatives. The books cover all types of blogs from Fashion and Beauty to Food and Lifestyle Blogs as well as Tech Blogs. If you fancy your chance at winning this package, please enter the giveaway using the widget below. The giveaway will run until 29 January and the winner will be announced on 30 January. Readers can gain more entries to the giveaway on a daily basis by tweeting etc.
Good Luck :)